Thursday, May 02, 2013

Elephant Dress

Have you ever made something for your child, and thought to yourself "Hot diggity dog - I could TOTALLY do with one of those for myself?"

Me too. Case in point below:

Elephant Dress #5

Elephant Dress #4

Elephant Dress #3

Elephant Dress #2

Seriously - how cute is this elephant dress? I love the cut, I love the pocket slash side panel design, I love the pleated sleeve caps, I love the overlapping shoulders. I think I need to make her another. Denim? Liberty print? Maybe a whole wardrobe, in every colour/design that I can think of!

The fabric I used was a heavier weight cotton, and I was a bit nervous that the dress might end up a bit stiff looking, but it actually has turned out perfectly. In fact, I think if you used a quilting weight cotton, the dress might not hold up as well.

Project Details
Pattern: Sunki Dress ePattern from Figgy's Patterns
Fabric: I.5m of "Trèfle" by Kokka, purchased from l'uccello.
Notions: 30cm invisible zipper

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm sure we could grade it up for you to have a matching one :) Would you have elephants too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Looks like a great pattern. And kids are so lucky, they can get away with all these cool prints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to be a kid! Especially if your mum make you such cool dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is very cute - can I have one as well??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats some serious sewing skillz. adorbz. (dress and girlie)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I'd wear that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've creating Tyger one awesome handmade wardrobe. The style of that dress is perfect and the elephants couldn't be cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! It would be great in denim and adult size. I want one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ein toller Stoff zu dem schönen Kleid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. too cute! I have that dress pattern too but haven't gotten around to sewing it yet. I love your choice of fabric, makes it look completely different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome. I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not when they're 17 and you are in your 50s! But super cute dress and it is beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:03 am

    Such cuteness! I have 2 girlies with birthdays at the end of the (Canadian) summer. This weight of fabric and style are just perfect. And I would love one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really love it. so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you really have an amazing eye for matching fabric with patterns, this is just gorgeous!! I have this pattern cut out on my sewing table from a lovely Hilco winter cotton. Can't wait to see what it looks like in different fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.