Wednesday, May 01, 2013

All cry and no wool

Cast On

"Take cover!", yelped Jorth, as almighty crashing noise reverberated around the lounge room.

"What the devil was that?!", asked an understandably a shell-shocked Galumph as he got to his feet.

Wiping her brow, Jorth answered "Oh, just the sound of my illusions disintegrating around me. What was I thinking - who knits up an entire dress in 3 weeks? I must have been mad!"

Galumph was about to speak, but was interrupted by an odd, windy sound that blew chillingly right past him. "And that...?" he queried.

"That would be my knitting reputation, flying out of the window. I was so close! One sleeve and the finishing to do, but alas - time was no friend of mine. Gah!"

Once more Galumph opened his mouth to say something reassuring but was again interrupted - this time by the merest echo of the saddest song he'd ever heard. He didn't even bother to speak this time - just raised his eyebrows in his wife's direction.

"My bitter, bitter disappointment that I won't be able to start a new project this week, like I'd planned. The crushing horror of it all!"

And with that Jorth stalked off to begin that dastardly second sleeve, leaving Galumph to wonder, once more, if his wife was perhaps wired a little differently to other people.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious -- so vivid! I think you are indeed wired differently, in the best possible sense! :) Sorry that you're struggling to meet your knitting goal though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:38 pm

    Funny! Yeah, I attempted to knit a sweater in 10 days one time. And boastfully declared it on my blog too. Managed it in 15, and consoled myself that what with work intruding into my Knitting Time, I did in fact get it done in 10 Knitting Days, if not real days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! Definitely wired different to most ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:30 pm

    Haha! I like to cut it close too... my husband thinks I'm crazy!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! Make my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.